Monday, April 27, 2009

Isn't she lovely?


Oh, Isn't this just the prettiest thing? This little number was given to me by an old friend that got it from her aunt when she closed her antique store. The original tag is still attached and labeled as "Bullocks in Pasadena". I'm guessing it is circa late 1950's. I recently used it as a prop for my booth at the Spring Sugar Plum Show. I wish it fit me. I would put it on and twirl about the house. It's labeled as a size 11 but it is teeny tiny by our standard sizes now. I thought I would share it with you as it provokes such sweet memories of proms long ago. I had some ladies take a picture on their phones to send to old friends who had worn similiar gowns years ago. It was so sweet hearing them reminisce. I hope you have sweet memories of your prom. Last week I promised pictures of the flea market treasures I searched out. Wouldn't you know my battery died right after I got there. Oh fiddle. I'll take a few pictures as soon as I can so you will be able to see the baby buggy I got for a song. Its adorable and imported from Germany.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh This is lovely! How great is that dress with tag! This was a link at the bottom of your last post and I see it was before I found you. I would LOVE to be able to wear vintage but I am not tiny! They all seem so small! Wonder what made us so much bigger? ;) Love your blog and all your sweet treasures!
Hugs, Lisa