Thursday, May 7, 2009

Patience, Rearranging & Decorating


I was talking with someone last night about learning patience and how terribly difficult it is. I pondered the whole concept for quite some time. And this verse popped into my head:
"Being confident in this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion"...
Phillipians 1:6
As you know about me I love decorating and creating and am incredibly impatient about the whole process. The funniest thing struck me though......When you begin redoing a room in your home it takes a lot of time. Finding the right shade of green paint or the perfect flooring. What about the elements we bring in? Furniture, art for the walls, floral arrangements and knick knacks. It takes a while to find all the pieces and put them together. And of course there is the rearranging and tweaking of the room untill it is just right or complete. It is the same thing the Lord does in our life. Sometimes girls we need a little rearranging and tweaking untill we are complete. I have had a lot of tweaking lately. As many of you know my husband was in a serious accident last summer. Well, this just wasn't in our plans! It was so emotionally taxing on our family and we wanted it over immediately. But ohhhh, the Lord had something else in mind. There were lessons to be learned and it was a time to be introspective of my life. I needed to take inventory of the room and redo it. This of course is still going on and I imagine it will continue untill it is complete and that is OK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww! Your site is beautiful! What a little blogger you have become! I can't tell what site the music comes from, (I have 2 windows open) but it is beautiful music!

Love and miss you! See you soon!

Pizer