Wednesday, May 5, 2010

An Important Day


photo from mommylife.net

I just came in from church and was thinking about our country and all that we have to be grateful for. This IS NOT the part where I get on a soapbox and I am not interested in arguing religion or politics. 

I am simply very thankful for all we have as individuals such as our liberties

for my family and friends and  being loved

for the safetly of our home

And for the sovereignty of our country.

I am thankful that men and women I dont even know keep me safe.

That every night when I tuck my children into bed,

Someone, somewhere is on watch

and that someone is being watched over by our Heavenly Father.

As you read this, take a moment to give thanks and to pray for our Leaders, Servicemen,

Policemen and Firefighters and to remember what we have.

May God bless you and your family today and always

as we remember "The National Day of Prayer".

3 comments:

Sandi said...

AMEN! Couldn't have said it better.
Hugs~

Lara Harris said...

I couldn't agree more! God bless! :)

Amber@BlackRoosterCottage said...

Thanks for the reminder Sharon... I think that so many forget these people as our daily "life" goes on (thanks to them). Thank You! To all of our Service people.
From a daughter of a Vietnam Vet, Amber