Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Believe"

Believe.
It's a simple word that carries so much more than just a word. It is powerful, hopeful and requires action. Believing is an action in itself. It is not passive. What do you believe in? Do you wonder what the future holds? Here is an amazing verse:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and
not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11
Wow. The Lord knows the plans He has for you and they are good things! He cares about you and your circumstances. I want to encourage all of you that are struggling with the things life throws your way. Since I was a little girl I have had many difficult times. I can honestly tell you to hold on, you will get through it even when you see no way for the Lord has a plan for you!
Simply Believe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorite verses. :)

Welcome to blogland, Sharon!

Anonymous said...

Sharon,
I stumbled upon your blog today and found it refreshing and encouraging, especially being a mother to sons myself. (Taylor,19 and Clayton,16) You were right when you said..time flies all too quickly...I especially loved this blog entry because it is one I use whenever I am feeling "frettful" over the boy's lives. God knows the plans he has for my sons, and He loves them even more than I do (if that's possible!) His plans are to prosper them and not harm them and I must trust their lives in His hands where they are always safe and loved! Thanks for touching my heart today in a mighty way! Be Blessed - L. Schulte (Cincinnati, OH) AKA: Serial Room Arranger