Sunday, May 31, 2009

Got Junk?

Love My Junk


I went junkin with my best friend Susie today and look at the treasure, ummm... junk I got!I love this little table. It would be so cute set with a lovely teapot and tea towels hanging on the side. I am planning on repainting it and changing the knob to a glass one. The lady I bought it from said she thought it was from the 30's. The sign was a gift from Sus. I will hang it above my aprons at the next show and then it will have a place of honor in my sewing room. I could'nt resist the garden girl. She is just darling and of course every garden needs a bicycle!



Oh I just couldn't pass these up. I think this birdbath was salvaged from Liberace's old place and no dignified bird of the garden would be caught in such a garish bath so it will have a visit from the spray paint fairy. The red cart needs a little freshening too and will look so cute adorned for the 4th of July!

This little plant cart is so versatile, of course full of spring & summer flowers but how about pumpkins in the fall? The table and chairs are from Laura Ashley and I got them for an absolute steal. It was definitely a well loved set and needs a fresh coat of paint and maybe some gingham cushions? What do you think, pink checks or red checks? Oh this rescuing of others' castoffs is a tough job but hey somebody has to do it.









7 comments:

The Tattered Cottage said...

Oh MY!!! I am sooooo jealous!! You got some really gorgeous things (that would look absolutely wonderful in my house ;) You are so lucky I don't live close, or some of those might be missing LOL. Seriously, doesn't it feel deliciously wonderful when you find such stinkin cute treasures at a steal?? Lovin all your treasures :)
Toni

Elyse said...

GASP! i love it all and add in the pink shutters in the background! way to go and i am so looking forward to seeing the little table's reveal.

xo

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

I don't know what to do with those shutters. They have been all over town and I cant sell them. I added them as a prop.

Rhondi said...

I'm coming to California! You've got much better junk than we do. I saw your comment on another blog and loved the name so had to come and meet you. I'm glad I did!

Pure Grace said...

You must have been in the mood mode - well done!- and that little table has personality written all over it! Delighted that you are joining us this summer sweetheart!

bubble said...

Hi, thank you very much for your great comment you left on my blog.

I love your blog so i will be following you now.

Amy :) x

Sandi said...

OH MY GOSH! Thanks for entering my giveaway today. I was shocked when I saw this post. I am SURE that I made your vintage linens sign. I made some exactly like that and sold them on ebay under the ID all4shabbyroses...did your friend purchase it on there by chance??? Would be very interested to know. What a small world!
Lovely blog! Will be back soon!!
Blessings~