Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Secret Weapon!

Mmmmm!
 Butterscotch Fudge. 
That's all I need to make my husband and sons, 2 brother in-laws and nephews melt like butterin a  hot frying pan.
 Need the trash taken out? The dogs fed?
Carry in the groceries?
 Works like a charm.
Butterscotch Fudge
7oz. marshmallow cream
1-1/2 C. sugar
2/3 C. evaporated milk
1/4 C. butter
1/4 tsp. salt
2 C. butterscotch chips (12 oz)
2 tsp. vanilla
1Tbsp. grated orange peel
1C. walnuts if desired

Mix first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat. Stir constantly for 4-5 minutes. Candy should reach the "softball" stage. The ingredients will double in size while boiling and shrink back down when removed from heat.
Remove from heat and stir in chips, vanilla and grated orange peel. Pour into 8x8 prepared pan. Top with nuts if desired, gently pressing into fudge. Allow to cool completely before relishing every last bite.

ENJOY!


7 comments:

Elyse said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

love having recipes like this in the ol' arsenal. thanks for sharing, sweets.

finally rec'd my 'romantic country' and am THRILLED for you!!! beautiful photo!

warmest wishes for a cozy, happy and healthy holiday from my cottage to yours ~

xo
elyse

Unknown said...

Oh, YUM!! I remember my Mom making this :)

Blessings!
Gail

Amber ~ The French Pressed Home said...

That looks sooo yummy! Gonna have to make it, Hubby's dad loves butterscotch (I do too). What a great gift.
Merry Christmas! A

Rebecca said...

This looks amazing...mmm I can even smell it.
Thanks so much for my bday wishes
Many blessings to you this Christmas week
Rebecca

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

yummo! Thanks for stopping by, Sharon. I'm with my mom in the hospital. I've been here for a week and return after Christmas. My mom is making progress and her 5 kids are gathering around to care for her. So, my kids will be without me this Christmas. Please pray for my mom and my family. Thanks. Have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just found your blog and it is just wonderfully beautiful!!! This butterscotch fudge looks delicious! I'll have to try it, thanks so much for the recipe!
I can't wait to come back and read over your past posts, lovely style!
Have a very happy holidays!
Sincerely,
Melinda

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Oh yum! love butterscotch:) My daughter is a 'fudge connesieur' I'll have to share your recipe with her:)
Merry Christmas Sharon!