Monday, July 6, 2009

Birdbath makeover

Living a double life! I'm an ordinary birdbath by day, but in the evening I take on another life...I am a shabbylicous candleholder. Did you recognise me? I was the gold bird bath that was rescued from Liberace's palace!
Here is my "before". Do I clean up good or what? I think this would also be realy cute in the bathroom next to the tub holding french soaps or filled with dark chocolate peanut M&M's next to me while I watch a movie...ok that could work!


7 comments:

Multiple personalities.. said...

Great idea turning the birdbath into a candle holder...it looks so elegant and pretty. And I think it would make a great peanut M&Ms holder! :)

It was nice to meet you via SITS!

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

I like the soap holder idea! Very neat! {stopping by from SITS}

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Oh, yes, yes! An M&M holder! Brilliant!

What a lovely site you have... I'm always intrigued by super-creative people. You inspire me!

And thank you for leaving such a lovely note on my blog today; it was heartfelt and pure... and appreciated.

See you again soon!

Elyse said...

or raisinettes, no wait, mike and ikes! LOL

was that really from liberace's palace?

a fun post and very pretty bird bath!

xo

Elyse said...

ps

it's popcorn time ...

GAME ON

xo

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

No,I got it from a flea market and well ya never know where stuff may have been and it was just so gawdy that I thought it was funny to say so!
GAME ON, I hear it popping:)

Sandi said...

I LOVE the idea of an M&M holder!!!! Wait...I think I have some in the kitchen for precious little granddaughter. I don't think she will miss just one bag...I am off to search them out. I need some chocolate therapy!! LOL
Blessings~