Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Get Your Summer On!

Its that time of year again when we fire up the barbeque, dust off the picnic table and break out the watermelon!

photo:oxykisses.com

I love what summertime is all about:
 the long, lazy days,
the lighter food
 and entertaining more.


You may remeber this from last year. This is one of my favorite easy peasy decorations to put together. I save a few jars in mismatched sizes, fill with sand and a tealight and wrap ribbons and wired garlands around the lip. Sometimes I add a piece of heavy wire to create a handle. I put a few on the tables on my deck but always line my fron entry way with them to set the mood for guests.

I also like to string clear Christmas lights around the deck's railing for more mood setting effects!


photo:better homes and gardens

I love the color palette used for this tablesetting, so bright and cheery! You can find more inspiration from Better Homes & Gardens.com


11 comments:

Snappy Di said...

Ooh, I like the red and white striped pitchers and dishes on the final photo! I need to find out who carries those.

Great photos for this week-ends holiday!!

Di

Elyse said...

oh yeah! i love your sandy-jar idea!!! i just bought a bunch of citronella tea lights (do they really help?) and am totally going to put them in jars. must get sand!

you're sounding well & happy = yeah! the caffeine i beamed to you was received. :)

xo
elyse

koralee said...

I adore red in the summer...red, white and blue makes me smile! Just bring on the Sun! xoxox

Sheree said...

Really cute idea with the jars! We do a big 4th of July party here every year, and it gets to be the same old things so these might just be a nice change! Thanks for sharing the idea.

A Vintage Chic said...

Such beautiful summer thoughts and images! You've got me inspired! Love the idea to put the fairy lights on the patio--perfect--like fireflies!

Hope your long weekend is just wonderful!

Julie

Simply Stated ~ Rebecca said...

Loving the summer nights all ready!!! So many fireflies and cool air after such warm days are heavenly...forgot to mentions s'mores too :-)

Lisa said...

Summer is fun!! Love your images!
Hugs, Lisa

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sanjeet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.