Saturday, September 4, 2010

Honey, we have a situation! As in Bees!

Let me say for the record I like bees. Yep, I do. I don't get excited when they come around and run screaming with my arms flapping about. Bees are a good thing.
However....
 
They do not belong 15 feet off my deck swarming about and terrorizing the dog, cats and children. Even though they are minding their own business the whole house is in a tizzy.
Yes, dear that is a hive!
A very large hive that appeared over night, literally. We were eating dinner and looked out at the deck and saw them swarming like crazy. My youngest son wants to eat the honey. He thinks he's Winnie the Pooh! He doesn't realize retrieving it could be costly and painful. After watching from a safe distance and much distraction from dinnertime we decided not to let them move in and unpack their belongings. We wont be baking a welcome to the neighborhood pie.
 Please stand back ma'am, this is a job for a trained professional!

This little episode was quite exciting for my 3 boys, yes even my big boy. They plotted their strategy and an emergency "sting plan". One held the garden hose and one held the door.

Mission accomplished, bees relocated. 

p.s. I will post what all the painting is about soon.

5 comments:

fiberdoodles said...

Oh my! How cute ;0)

Elyse said...

wow! how did you relocate them?

bee careful!

xo
elyse

Hearts Turned said...

Oh, my goodness! Same thing is happening to us! Although, we haven't been successful in relocating them, yet!

We have a large courtyard, and the outer wall has a strip of ventilator holes in it--TINY holes--we have an enormous hive inside that wall...can't make them leave!

I love bees, too...in my garden...not terrorizing my front door!

Oh, well...we'll figure out something! Glad you were able to take care of the problem quickly!

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Julie

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What a cute story... because it had a happy (for you) ending. I love your boys plan! Winnie the Pooh will have to get his honey from the kitchen cupboard.
What a darling post!
Yvonne

Bearly Sane said...

We had to have a wasps nest removed once ... thank heavens for the professionals! Can't wait to see your finished "ARTWORK" from the previous post, looks interesting.
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane
P.S. Please stop by when you get a chance, I have a great giveaway on offer.