Thursday, December 29, 2011

Angels All Around Us

I am smitten with this statue.

The desert is so wide!

The desert is so bare!

What springs to quench my thirst are there?

Where will I from the tempest hide?

I heard the flow of hidden springs;

Before me palms rose green and fair;

The birds were singing,

All the air  was filled and stirred with Angels' wings.
                                                                                                                          Streams in the Desert

When you are feeling low and uncertain take heart that you are not alone. 
Your Guardian Angels are watching over you.

Last week I was given many gifts from dear friends, 

not gifts wrapped in pretty paper and tied with ribbon
although those are so fun to open

They were the kind of gifts that money can't buy; 

prayers, kind words, and emails of encouragement. 

To all of you my cherished friends, I Thank You for being you and letting me be me.

And a special thank you to Cindy Adkins whose book
"Angels At My Door" is a top seller on  Amazon.


p.s. This post was up for a few days and I didn't even realize it said "dessert" at the beginning of the poem. Guess that tells you where my mind is!



8 comments:

fiberdoodles said...

Just beautiful! Thank you for sharing and thank you for being you ;0)

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Sharon, this is soooo beautiful! AND I adore your header and that picture of you! Thank you so much for
letting bloggers know about my book--I am hearing daily how it is changing lives--I am SO grateful!!

Thank you for being such an inspiration to so many of us!!!
XO
Cindy

sandra said...

What a pretty post and I love your new header. I hope this next year brings you lovely Blessings and a healthy, happy adventure ahead :))

Suzanne MacCrone Rogers • Italian Girl in Georgia™ said...

Gorgeousness! Love your new banner ~ everything about it!

Happy New Year Sharon. I'm so glad to know you.

Ciao bella,
Suzanne

Claudia said...

What lovely thoughts to share, Sharon! Thank you. Love the new banner - the blog is looking so pretty!

Happy New Year!

xo
Claudia

Kathy said...

Merry Happy Everything! This was a perfect post for this time of year. And those gifts? Aren't they the best!?!

Hugs to you,
kathy

WendyBee said...

It's been awhile since I stopped in here. I read back aways. Your Thanksgiving post stopped me in my tracks. I've been thinking/pondering/learning along the same lines.
I guess we're kindred spirits.

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

You have a beautiful blog which I enjoy very much. I wish you a very Happy New Year.------Shannon